What is Clevyr?
Clevyr is changing how technology works. We are creating applications and software that’s intuitive and transforms the working lives of our clients. We’re using a consumer-focused and logic-driven approach to do so. This has positioned us uniquely in this space and creates one of the biggest opportunities for advancement in decades.
We’ve brought together leaders from top technology, service, and design companies to deliver on our promise. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better technology.
What is the role?
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a software project manager. The responsibilities of the software project manager include overseeing software projects from start to finish, strategizing project execution and implementation, managing and motivating software developers and other team members, leading customer presentations, and owning project justifications, and operational risk and impact analysis.
To be successful as a software project manager, you should have a good working knowledge of project estimation techniques, the ability to motivate team members, be a world-class individual contributor, and realize you will not be here just to tell other people what to do. Ultimately, a top-notch software project manager should have excellent communication and decision-making skills.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Quickly grasp the goals and technologies for projects as needed.
- Develop and implement project plans utilizing industry standards.
- Communicate feedback and observations to the rest of the organization. Communication is key!
- Get involved with local communities of influence such as Meetups and User Groups.
- Discussing new and existing projects and their parameters with clients, executives, and software developers.
- Planning out software development projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Assembling and leading the project team.
- Participating in and supervising each stage of the project.
- Ensuring each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines.
- Ensuring projects adhere to the allocated budget as closely as possible
- Identifying budget and timeline risks.
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all projects in all stages of completion.
- Tracking milestones, deliverables, change requests and enforcing scope adherence.
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Delivering completed software products to clients and performing regular checks on the projects' performance.
- Proven experience in project management of software development.
- Ability to own multiple projects at a time.
- Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Excellent leadership, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to strategize and implement a plan for a client's vision and ensure the project is going to meet “the big picture”.
- Must be a team player who can anticipate and get ahead of the needs of relevant stakeholders and project team members.
- Ability to take it in stride and can tactfully defuse stressful situations.
- Positive attitude, who is always willing to find a way to make it work.